Following the school’s inspection in January, i would like to provide you with some examples of progress being made in accordance with the inspectors’ advice:
- I now have Principal Release on at least one day per week for management duties
- I am working closely with Mr. Kevin Donnelly who is providing sub-cover in P.6/7.
- Advice for governors from a recently retired district inspector.
- Advice from the EA and CCMS for staff and governors
- New pupil-friendly format for Individualised Education Plans
- Changes to marking strategy for children’s work
- New initiatives to develop children’s thinking skills and creativity
- New approaches to reading in Key Stage 2
- Proposed changes to a number of policies which we will be seeking your comments on.
We are committed to providing the highest standard of education for your children. I can assure you that every suggestion in the report in being examined and will be acted upon. Our advisors have expressed satisfaction with developments to date and confidence moving forward.
I would like to thank you for your support over this period. My door is always open if you wish to speak to me about any aspect of the report, issues arising from it, or any other matter relating to your child’s experience at school.
Best wishes to you and your family for a very Happy Easter.